Much Ado About Nothing
This version has the exchange at 2.1.85-95 between Balthasar and Margaret. Other editors allocate all Balthasar's lines to Borachio and others divide them Benedict and Balthasar.
In 3.3 and 4.2 the First Folio (FF) has characters "Watch 1", "Watch 2" and "Watch". This has been reduced to "First Watchman" and "Second Watchman" using recent reputable sources. Specfic cases are:
Shown as "Watch" in FF:
- 3.3.35 First Watchman: We will rather sleep than talk
- 3.3.81 First Watchman: Well, masters, we hear our charge
Attributed thus in FF but other editions may have different ideas:
- 3.3.150 First Watchman: We charge you, in the prince's name
- 3.3.151 Second Watchman: Call up the right Master Constable
- 3.3.154 First Watchman: And one Deformed is one of them
In 5.3 FF is unclear who reads the epitaph at line 3 and sings the song at line 13. This edition allocates them to Claudio and Balthasar respectively.